Learning Center Resources
What Is a Learning Center?
A learning center can have a variety of uses and definitions. Michael Opitz offers a good description.
For me, a learning center is a small area within the classroom where students work alone or interact with others, using instructional materials to explore one or more subject areas. It is a place where a variety of activities introduce, reinforce, and/or extend learning, often without the assistance of the classroom teacher. (http://teacher.scholastic.com/professional/backtoschool/learning_center.htm#author)
Learning Center Links
- Learning Center Ideas http://www.ilovethatteachingidea.com/ideas/subj_learning_centers.htm
- Primary Learning Centers http://www.teachers.net/lessons/posts/560.html
- Teaching Heart Learning Center Ideas
- Hundreds of inexpensive Literacy Center Ideas for older students http://mspowell.com/centers.html
- Literacy Center Ideas for Young Children http://www.kinderkorner.com/centers.html
- Literacy Centers by set--1st Grade http://www.msrossbec.com/literacy_index.html
- Literacy centers with pictures http://www.ourschoolfamily.com/Literacy%20Centers.htm
- Literacy Center Ideas http://teachers.net/lessons/posts/466.html
- Web-based Learning Centers http://www.oops.bizland.com/centers.htm
- Setting Up Your Class for Learning Centers http://www.eduplace.com/rdg/res/classroom.html